Sunday, October 10, 2010

In a new twist on conceptual dining, restaurants are turning off the lights to focus attention on the food. The trend seems to have started in Zurich and has since spawned permutations all over the world, with diners donning blindfolds, sitting in unlit rooms and, lately, being served by waiters in night-vision goggles. The idea is that by depriving one sense (sight), other senses are heightened.


New York Times

So I actually did something like that. By accident. See, I forgot that my housemate had told me that the house tends to get overloaded easily. I ran both the washer and dryer at the same time, and ended up blacking out the house. Not knowing what to do, I decided to go for a run instead.

I came back from the run and tried to take a shower. The bathroom was in the middle of the apartment with no windows. But I figured, hey maybe my shower experience will be heightened by depraving my eyesight.

And indeed, it was a sensational shower. And I put on my clothes the right way and did not fall down and break my hip.

Hurrah!

1 comment:

S.A.K said...

Silly bean =)

I take it that takde hantu nun jauh di negara orang.

I really don't wanna know how "sensational" that shower was.