Friday, February 11, 2011

I fear I have created a monster

I gave Ikram A Game of Thrones last year to read. Actually, I told him about it and he found it at the Book Thing.

He told me a few months ago that he's been reading a few pages of the book every night. And he was stuck in the first 10 pages that he had to keep rereading. (anyone who reads AGOT will agree those are in fact the hardest pages to get through before you can't put it down)

Then breakthrough: he passed those pages. And since then I have woken up in the middle of the night (like at 2am) and I find him still reading-- the light obviously is still on.

In the day time, he makes cheeky references to the book and mentions 'marching north' to get breakfast. He also has it in his head that he is the Lord of Winterfell and I am his Bannerman. I asked him "Is Eddard Stark dead yet?" and I saw a flicker of disappointment.

I proceeded to ask him questions like "Has this person died yet?" each time he gets too cocky. It makes him even cockier. And he always hides the page he's on so that I can't spoil more things.

I'm sure he's almost done with the book, and he'll need to be nice to me if he wants the second book.

In the meantime, we've agreed one of our daughters will be named Daenerys.

:)

---

My beloved monster and me
We go everywhere together
Wearing a raincoat that has four sleeves
Gets us through all kinds of weather

la la la...

No comments: