Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir Batin!

My Raya Poem 2011

In the last week of Ramadan, I felt lousy
feeling grouchy and grumpy
thinking I was not worthy
to celebrate with friends and family

and I was sure!
I would not find this Eidulfitri dear
I would remember Raya 2011 as a blur
I didn't even know if my husband would be near

but today I woke up with a smile!
Today is Eid! We've succeeded Ramadan!
(I can eat breakfast-- it's been a while)
And there lay husband, sleeping like a child

He asked me "can you make roti jala?"
I stared at him, thinking are you serious in your kepala?
Make roti jala for dua orang batang kara?
No dear, let us invade people's houses to eat, let us go beraya!

---
So watch out peeps! Imma coming to eat. But it's likely we'll be having Raya breakfast at McDonald's first. And yes, I am blogging this just moments before semayang raya.



No comments: