Saturday, October 01, 2011

message for a Gem

I know this amazing person. And she is my friend.

I know that people can have a biased opinion of a friend or a family member. It comes with familiarity. This is natural. It's like befriending a tyrant/diva/conman. They just seem not as bad when you're able to have coffee and talk about a book both of you have read. Likewise, once you've befriended someone your judgment might be clouded. You may think they're wonderful. But are they Really? Like really Really?

But rest assured, this amazing person I know really IS amazing. my judgment is not clouded because she's a dear friend of mine. or because she's known me since my series of unfortunate haircuts. nope. this is as objective as objective will get.

she's got a lot of depth. good depth. i mean a serial killer could have depth but it's the type that could get you killed right. so yeah, she's got good, wonderful depth. the type of depth any guy would be lucky to get to the bottom to should the opportunity ever present itself.

which brings me to my next point. if you have a Gem you better bloody treasure it. Because a gem She IS. and special. not your typical girl. of any race. or creed. simple rule. you don't alter a a diamond with a perfect cut. try to alter something perfect and you're a fucking idiot k. but then again what if you just don't bloody know what makes one piece of diamond more valuable than the other. I'm sure cave men didn't bloody know. so having an eye for "special" perhaps takes a special eye ey.

my message for this dear dear friend of mine. I love you. I've known you so long. You are one of a kind. Your flaws and strengths. I know them too. the amazing things you've achieved for yourself. my my. certainly not your average girl. So, Don't you ever let ANYONE make you feel like you need to change.

No comments: