Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Burung lagi!

My mom told me about how she successfully shoo-ed my cats away from a baby bird that was now trapped in the drain at the car porch. I thought to myself "My cats could sooo get into the drain and eat it!". So I quickly ran to save the little bird.

There were two nests on the inner part of the porch roof - one occupied, one was not. I remembered that the occupied one had black and white mama bird so I thought this baby bird might have fallen from the other nest. But as I left it there, it started chirping as if someone or something was going to attack it! So I got up and transferred it to the occupied nest thinking that I might be blurred by my own imagination and memory. But again, the baby bird chirped incessantly but this time, it was louder and more distress. I got up on the ladder (again) and saw another baby bird, which I must say, was not the same colour as this one.


rescued baby bird (not exactly this but it did almost look like this robin baby)


original occupant look alike (now positive that it was a magpie)


I had no other choice but to leave the rescued one in the occupied nest and hoped that mama bird would adopt it though I highly doubted that.

No comments: