Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Glaucoma Society Blind Run, Putrajaya

Fuzzy the Fuzzinator and myself ran together, she blindfolded, me slightly myopic, in a 5km non-competitive race (but we did it in about 35minutes and I think we were among the top 5-6 teams that got to the finish line ngehehe). Sadly, no pictures were taken other than this one.

Hand in sweaty hand, we have emerged with more awareness for the sight-impaired and how easy we have it just being able to see where we are going. But just to show that impairments can't trump spirit, towards the last 100meters or so I succumbed to side stitch and wanted to walk to the finish line but dear blind Fuzzy would not allow it and proceeded to drag me forward. Luckily there were no trees around us at the time.

2 comments:

n.m.p said...

i now also understand how old people or people with backache feel. it's just unfunny to be sick or with disease or ailment or impairment. i'm glad i know and understand now.

Only Kye said...

Exactly! The other day my knee hurt after I main tolak kaki with Tasnim, and it was humbling. I was tempted to complain about my knee every five minutes, walhal my grandma has been feeling worse pain for years from gout and without a peep.