Tuesday, April 17, 2012

novelties

New things are scary, separating, and can be empowering. ID cards for door access for one. Scary to see so many people walk in and out using their ID cards, feeling left out that I didn't have one, and now that I do, I feel pretty big. Haha.

A new park is wonderful. You look a bit silly when you get lost in it, just because you are a bit disoriented and there are so many dogs around without their leashes (though none of them bother you and are actually very cute). Then you arrive home and think, wow I just ran Fawkner Park in Melbourne. I LIVE here. and it's a great feeling. Feeling like you are part of an environment.

Chapel Street is another thing I have fallen in love with. Each day I find a new store that I like and can see myself coming to every weekend. My newest find is Chapel Street Bazaar. I fear I will grow poor very soon if I can't curb temptation. But I may be richer in miscellaneous vintage things!

Then finally there's my apartment. Tiny hole in the wall, but getting cosier and more familiar every day. Especially now that I have hot water and no longer need to imagine I am an old Russian man taking a dip in freezing pond for my health! Now for some practical furniture from IKEA, and not so practical furniture from Chapel Street Bazaar.

Alhamdulillah.

No comments: