Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Small heart attack


I was driving to work yesterday and it was raining heavily. Having worked and stayed here for over a year, I knew for a fact that in this situation, there would be a traffic hold up, what with the ongoing upgrading works for the road on the way to work.

The rain poured down so hard that some parts of the road, especially those that were not flat and curved (you would think that the engineer modeled it after a giant saucer) were covered with muddy water. The irrigation system that was almost non existent did not help the situation either.

As I was waiting for my turn at the traffic light, I could see the road right in front of me had been covered with water, possibly up to half of the height my tyre. In my heart, I knew if I streamed through the water, my engine would probably go kaput. But I did not have any choice but to go through it. As I was driving, I was telling myself “it’s ok, nothing will happen”. So much for self consolation. Right after Bibik got out of the flooding saucer, she started to make this squealing and ticking noise that even Curiosity could catch the sound from Mars. *mini heart attack*

I got her checked this morning and was told that they might have to carry out overhaul work if the engine was damaged. Worse they would have to replace the engine. 2nd mini heart attack. So I called the insurance company to see if they would cover the cost since I had bought extra premium for flood coverage. Little did I know that:

1) they do not offer flood coverage anymore which means next year, I will have to figure out ways to avoid flood (oh please God help), and 

2) the policy is only for stationary cars. 

ONLY PARKED CARS. How ridiculous is that??? It’s freaking called an act of God for goodness sake, how am I supposed to know that the road 500 meters from where I am will be flooded by the time I get there? Am I supposed to drive through the water and stop then and there and park my car in the water? Only then will the policy cover the cost of the damage? I mean if I had to drive in the flood to avoid further damage or cause massive traffic congestion or if the police/Bomba asked me to go through it, will that be my fault too??

I did not scream at the customer service person because I knew it’s not her fault and to lash it out on her would be unfair not to mention stupid. If anything, I should take it up with the top management of the company or FMB or Bank Negara. 

Anyways, I was calculating mindlessly and the numbers that popped into my head gave me another mini heart attack. And a headache too.

Lucky me, Bibik seemed fine and they only changed the battery, even though it has only been used for six months and has another 18 months more to it tsk tsk. But I figured better RM108 than RM3000 right?

They also told me that when they drove Bibik around, she did not make any noise/sound. Soo weird.I asked them to have a thorough check because honestly, I can't afford to have another heart attack, minor or otherwise.

No comments: