Thursday, December 10, 2015

blogging from a blogger app

huwow why didn't I think of this sooner? Now I get to blog with even more typos direct from the phone!

so I was feeling a bout of nostalgia and decided to listen to Mew's Comforting Sounds. I still love it and watching the video I felt shivers wondering whether my baby listening to this (not big baby Omar sleeping in the crook of my arm, but little yet to be born unnamed baby underneath my bellybutton), would be affected such that he becomes the naturally musical and artistic type.

But I soon caught myself doing something I promised not to do after I read an article about how parents label their kids! I am subconsciously labeling Omar as the big brother, leader, practical type and unnamed baby as the musical, artistic, gentle type! Just because Omar is older and uhh visible enough to exhibit certain tendencies. Naughty naughty maternal subliminal idealizations tsk tsk, caught you just in time.

Well let it be said here, and I hope I make good on this,I aim to raise both of my boys and any future children to believe that they can all equally be leaders, scholars, philosophers, businesspeople, philanthropers, scientists, artists, wizards, magicians, Starks, Targaryens, and whatever else that they want and work hard to be. 

Also with the ever present and constantly growing climate of unrest in the world and suspicion against Islam and its diverse followers, it should but won't go without saying, I aim to first raise them to be faithful, practicing, productive and inspiring Muslims.

ok back to grant application now. ho hum.

No comments: