Friday, January 01, 2016

is it really another new year

i must be getting older. 

my hips are wider, im due to have child(ren), i nag my son, i think about cost of living (and living well) and rising prices, gravity is my enemy, and i really cant be bothered to "usher in the new year". 

that said, im grateful to be where i am now with its ups and downs. i look forward to the things that may come in 2016 and hope i can rise to meet the challenges that face me. 

for example:
challenge #1 avoid throwing out my 8-month pregnant back trying to lift my son onto the toilet bowl every half an hour to an hour in this wonderful time called "potty training"

challenge #2 have another baby and take care of that one while also taking care of aforementioned (hopefully potty trained by then) son.

challenge #3 do my new job well while also raising aforementioned children  (who hopefully have the best possible arrangement for daycare by then)

challenge #4 keep my apartment within reasonable human standards while addressing challenges 1,2 and 3

challenge #5 keep my sanity and my ever long distance marriage somewhat intact while addressing the first four challenges. 

ey if malaysia boleh, i boleh okay.

okay.

No comments: